Sunday 14 August 2011

Ruby Wedding Anniversary card

This card took me ages!!! 

But i loved doing it!

This card is A4 sized, i decided to do a stepper card to make the card stand out from any others!  The card was made using A3 card that i made into a stepper card.  I covered the front face of the card with silver card and then i covered this with a deep red sheet of textured card, for the side panels i embossed a pattern onto these, onto these side panels i put 2 narrow strips along the side panels and glued small jewels.

I added champagne glasses to one side that i had coloured with promarkers and some glitter where the bubbles are.  I made my own sentiment for use on this card and i backed the sentiment onto a silver scalloped circle, and glues small deep red gems around the scalloped edge.




I put the image of a champagne bottle and coloured with promarkers and used gold glitter to brighten the image up.  I teamed this with a strip of ivory ribbon (i was planning to use ruby ribbon but the ribbon i bought did not match the card i had bought separately).  I handmade flowers and added red glitter to the red flowers and holographic glitter to the cream flowers.  The cream flowers were made using pealescent card which gave them a shimmer.

To link with this card as it was so large and tall with the flowers, i made a box to put the card into.  I topped the lid of the box with a paper and added some ivory ribbon and a ribbon onto the top of the box.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog, it really means so much to me and i appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.