Saturday 28 January 2012

90 year old birthday card

I have been asked by my Mother in law to do two 90 year old birthday cards, i really struggled with this brief as my love for card making lies with colouring images.  I hope that Eileen likes them, the one i am showing here is using a free stamp that i had from a magazine.  I layered this card simply and added a puched border and ribbon from my stash.  I added some gems to the punched border, and to the butterfly. 


The sentiment is from Netty 's blog, she has a huge amount of sentiments which she has as freebies.  Pop over and have a look at her blog - its great!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/01/simon-saysanything-goes.html
http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-201-youre-gem.html
http://doyoustackup.blogspot.com/2012/01/dysu-56-ribbons.html
http://whimsyinspires.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-23-pearls-or-bling.html

Thank you for looking and for the lovely comments that you leave x

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. Very delicate and elegant. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up. Hugs, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, very elegant. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Wow Sonia, this is fab. I love the subtle image and that sentiment really does have centre stage !! I'm so proud you like my sentiments. Thanks so much for the credit on your blog. I'm glad you got use of it. I'm not sure I'll be using that particular one myself, but you never know !! Fab card honey. Thanks for letting me know about your card. Annette xx (Netty's Cards)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so stunning sonia.really love your elegant design and beautiful flowers :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, it's very sweet. I love the colors you used and the bling just gives it a wonderful touch. Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet lovely card. I can't believe someone will be celebrating a 90th milestone. How amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!
    I love your card, absolutely beautiful. I really like the sentiment, I love Annette freebies sentiments. Great JOB!
    Good Luck!! ;-)
    -Sony
    http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

    Greetings from Puerto Rico
    *New Follower*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog, it really means so much to me and i appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.