Wednesday 3 August 2011

Handmade flowers and sentiment!!!!

I was asked yesterday, unbelievably for another anniversary card, thats 3 ive done in the last week! Considering i don't even give my own husband an anniversary card nor do i expect to receive one its suprising to me that so many people do give anniversary cards!

Anyways ... i was asked if i could do one at short notice (ie the next day) and i showed them the previous one that i had done which they loved, so i just replicated the basic style of the card and make another anniversary card but usig the colours that had been preferenced.

The card i made is shown below:


I used a Lily of the valley image, and coloured with promarkers.  I backed this on pearlescent paper, and then card.  I layered a basic card with green card which i covered with  pearlescent paper that i embossed with my new embossing folder! - Not that you can see any of it as i covered it all up!




I made the sentiment myself as i was struggling so much using digi sentiments and trying to edit them to suit me that i decided that it would be just as quick to make one up myself and then i have the advantage of being able to colour match the text etc.


I added a bit of ribbon and some hand made flowers, for the flowers that i made in plain coloured paper i added a bit of glitter with PVA glue, but i also made some flowers using the pearlescent paper that i had bought.  I was going to glitter these up to but i didnt feel that they needed it as the pearlescent give the flowers a nice shimmer. 

I thought maybe there were too many flowers on thecard but my friend loved it and said i was being far to fussy! 

I am going to look tonight and see if i can find any challenges that i can enter this card into - that is in-between making a card for my boss who i need to make a birthday card for tonight!!!!  Why dont peoplke give you more notice honestly!!!!!! She may just have top have a card from my stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog, it really means so much to me and i appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.