Wednesday 2 May 2012

Rapunzel card

I was asked by a work collegue if i could make a birthday card for her daughter from her son and also mum and dad, i was then asked if this could be Rapunzel from the brother and the gruffalo from her and her husband.

Loving a challenge i said yes and set about to doing rapunzel!  I scoured the web for free colouring pages, which would be suitable and then i needed a castle too!

The result is below and i layered Rapunzel up a fair it and tried to give the card added dimension by working the paper a bit using embossing tools and a foam piercing pad.  I think over time this flattened a bit but hopefully to the trained eye you can still tell!

Coloured as ever with promarkers, and glittered to the hilt with a small charm that i bought as a pack from the works a while ago.


3 comments:

  1. gorgeous card sonia.stunning pretty colours and i love the image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I dont suppose you take orders for these do you, that card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont mind taking orders, all i ask for is my costs to be covered, i make them because i enjoy them x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog, it really means so much to me and i appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.