Sunday 23 October 2011

Celebrating 500 - Sassy Steampunk Progressive Challenge #4

Well I have done it!!!!!  I have completed the 4th and final challenge to complete the Sassy Steampunk ralley.  I am very proud of myself to be honest as it was aginst all odds, and i must admit to putting a number of household chores to the side while i worked on my cards!!!! But i have loved every minuite of it.  I love the images that we were given to work with and i am very grateful for being given the chance to use these images.  Huge thatnks to all at Sassy Studios (http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.com) for making this possible and for their amazing generosity as these are fantastic images that i will be using for many cards to come!!!

For this card i wanted to use a shaped card as so far i have loved the image so much that i had not given much thought to putting  it onto a shaped card as i thought this might distract from the image.  I love stepper cards as i always think they stand out form all other cards on a shelf.  Plus i love the idea that my card will be sitting on a mantle as a work of art - even if only for  a few days!

So stepper card decided, i set about with the colours and backing papers, I love the autumn colours on this card on this card i have tried to incorporate a number of different textures and materials but without making the card look messy or disorganised.

I used different materials for the backing of the panels, i also embossing and different papers from the same pack, using coloured brads to match.  When doing the embossed panel i realised that i had embossed the paper upside down, i turned it around and re-did the embossing.  The paper started to break up a bit and looked a bit worn but i feel that this just added to the texture of the card. To try to add some different dimensions to the card i set the panels in different positions on the card.  I hand made some flowers, and used some ribbon that i was given as part of a craft goodie bag for my birthday from my best mate (and crafting buddy) Paula Dunn.

I coloured Vivian with promarkers and a touch of gel pen in white (i love images like Vivian, they give me lots of opportunities to play with shading). I decoupaged Vivians hat and skirt for added dimension.  I completed the card and then realised that i haven't put a sentiment onto it!!!  As i am a girl at heart myself and i have loved making the card i thought that the sentiment that i used was perfect.  I made a tag as it is not something i have used before but somehow circular sentiments just dont seem to suit Steampunk Vivian.  I used my distress ink on the sentiment and in my haste i smudged the ink that printed the sentiment, i thought this improved the rustic look and carried on regardless.

I dont think i have ever written so much about a card i have done which just goes to show how much i loved making it as i could go on forever!  So to the pictures .....

This is a picture of my dining table which i take over when card making and the basis of my card

 Here is a picture of me trying my layout in my head on paper so to speak!

 I tried to take a picture of the materials that  i used under the papers to show the textures. 

The final result.....




 Very distressed sentiment!
 Hand made flowers with co-ordinating glitter.




Lastly the poor spider that was wobbled around while i tried to take a good picture in natural light!





Thanks for looking!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Another fabulous card!! Your colouring is great and I just love all the textures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card! Love the coloring, the texture and the trifold card! So awesome! Thanks for continuing on with us at the Sassy Studio Designs Progressive Challenge!! Don't forget, there are still days left to enter the Christmas Challenge for this month! There is a great odds of winning too...
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stair step card, Sonia! Lovely papers and the ribbon & flowers are such a pretty finishing touch! Wonderful coloring of Vivian too! Thanks for completing our Sassy Steampunk Progressive Relay at Sassy Studio Designs! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! So many add ns and lots to look at! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at SSD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog, it really means so much to me and i appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.