Wednesday 5 March 2014

The East Wing Challenge - use a digi!

I saw this image and thought it was just so cute! I then realised that it was being offered as a freebie, and if that wasnt good enough, if you use the free image to the use a digi challenge then you can enter twice! Well i am yet to win a challenge and i loved the image so i am giving it a go!

I used my promarkers and coloured the image using inspiration from the design team on the East Wing Challenge.  I loved the fact that everyone on the DT had used the same image and yet the cards were all so different.

I layered the butterfly as i felt it just had to be done such a pretty butterfly it just wanted to fly off the page!  I have made the card for my daughter who is not 10 until July, but i know she will love the picture too.

I used my silhouette to cut the numbers out, inked the edges of one of the layers, and stitched the base layer with my sewing machine. I added a flourish, doylie, some lace from the works and some flowers from WOC.  Some stickles to the butterfly, and a heart that i moulded using air dry clay.  I was tempted to put glossy accents on her eyes but i feel they look fab with out it.


Thanks for looking!

I am entering this card into the following challenge:

http://www.theeastwind.com/

8 comments:

  1. Wow Beautiful card Sonia! and What did you do to butterfly is just awesome!!! It really pops! Thank you for joining us at The East Wind Challenge No.2 and subscribing news letter! xxx - Unky from TEW

    ps- sonia, if you haven't joined us at Facebook group, check out here.
    www.facebook.com/theeastwind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Sonia thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Sonia, she is such a pretty image and I love how you have coloured her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love the papers you used.. Love themuted colors.. just fantastic!! The stitching is great! Your coloring is fantastic!! I just LOVE IT!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The East Wind!!! Good Luck! I hope I see you again for our next challenge :)

    - Susan, DT Member @ The East Wind
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Thank you for your very kind words for the blog post i did with the east wing challenge. I dont think i have ever read such an uplifting comment on one of my posts! Thank ouy for taking the time to read my post and comment.
      Sonia W

      Delete
  5. Sonia, this is GORGEOUS! Your daughter will love it and it's surely a winner in my book! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sonia!
    Your card is so pretty & I LOVE how you've colored that fab image....great design too!

    Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving some love! I'm now following you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so stunning sonia.really gorgeous image and design and i love your green colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog, it really means so much to me and i appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.